Thursday, September 29, 2016

Yas Mall Adventures

All the little things seem like an adventure when you're in a new place. But for me, food is one thing that I decidedly DO NOT like being adventurous on. I have been craving home food so much here recently, so we decided to take a trip to the grocery story! 

Now, you might ask why I put "Yas Mall Advnetures" when we went to the grocery store - well, here in Abu Dhabi they have everything you could think of in their giant malls, even grocery stores!!! 

So we went to Yas Mall - which is much better than the first Mall I went to! It had this huge waterfall thing in the center of the three story (or four..?) mall! It changed colors and everything! (It doesn't take much to impress me)



The grocery store itself was such a fun time. They have such a crazy selection of food. They have meat from West Africa, dates from Saudi, potatoes from Ireland - if a country has a special food, this grocery store probably had it! (Actually, they had some red potatoes from the US - so that's kinda neat!) 

I had fun just walking around I looking at the neat - and sometimes weird - food!


They have these stalls set up for nuts, grains, etc. Many of the spices had such intense smells! 



I thought their sign for the eggs was humorous..."We're tasty"


The broccoli had an interesting selection of colors...and shapes!



They even had some glucose! 


In the candy aisle (where I bought way too many sweets), there was a cute panda candy holder - made me miss AOII! 


After we finished getting the essentials (re: candy, goldfish, and a ruler), we decided to eat! And again...instead of trying some local cuisine we went for American food - The Cheesecake Factory!!


It was yummy - and definitely made the stress that classes bring totally disappear! I had my favorite cheesecake - Godiva Chocolate! 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment