Sunday, September 18, 2016

Traveling to the UAE!

I began my journey to Houston, where I met some of the other field engineers! The day was a crash course as to what to expect for the coming months. 


On Friday we set off for Abu Dhabi! I was very excited for my first international flight. 



The flight to Paris took about 9 hours - of which I probably slept for half! The food was...interesting...but they did have hot chocolate! I was able to watch a couple of movies - I definitely recommend "Jungle Book"; "Me Before You" made me cry; and "The Good Dinosaur" was super cute. By the end of the flight, my excitement had run its course. 


We had two hours in the Paris airport - all were spent getting through customs, making our way across the massive airport to the next terminal, and barely making the boarding time! I recommend giving yourself a couple more hours so that you can grab something to eat (because noodles with marinara sauce do not make for a nice meal). 

We hopped onto the flight to Abu Dhabi - this was "just" a 7 hour flight. The blankets were warmer, and the food was slightly better...but a long flight in economy is not going to leave you very happy...


 AT LAST! We made it into Abu Dhabi! We went through customs, got our baggage, and then made our way to the training center. We got in around 10pm, and I was definitely ready for some sleep in an actual bed!! 



 All in all, I have to admit I am not looking forward to the flights back to the US - but I have two months to re-coup! :p

P.S. 
The bed is even fluffier than it looks!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment