Saturday, October 22, 2016

Late nights...

Either mean working hard or hardly working! 

This past week I finished my second wellsite. It was a series of three jobs over three days - each job lasting about 6 hours. (And then an additional 6 for finalizing the logs). Somehow I managed to pull the short straw - my first day I had the 9pm-9am schedule!! It wasn't all that bad, and I think I was entirely too excited to get tired! Logging can be quite fun - there are so many things that you have to do at once, so many things that could go wrong, so many things that require perfect timing!

Things can get dirty on the well pad - but I've heard the mud does wonders for your pores!! :p

After we finished the wellsite, we decided that we deserved a fancy dinner at a Korean restaurant! It was called Madong, and was absolutely delicious!


I did have to request a fork...because homegirl is just stupid when it comes to chopsticks. 
 

We went with the steak and rib options - they bring out a whole bunch of meat and you have to grill it yourself! Apparently none of the others here know how to grill (lame, I know) so I was the chef for the night!


If you're ever in the area, I highly recommend it! However, be warned that getting there is very creepy. We went down one too many back roads for my liking - traveling in foreign countries tends to put you on edge anytime you get in a taxi :p 



 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment